Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Problem with dogs

Ah......the problem with dogs. I currently have two dogs who pretty much came from dog rescue. One is a wild 8 month old Airedale Terrier puppy and the other is a docile 7 year old Welsh terrier that was never taught to play.



My puppy is now banned from the groomer I have used for 11 years.

She gave the bather a black eye. She is a little too excitable and the groomer lets all the dogs run loose in the shop. She wanted to play rather than stay in the bath. It took them two hours to dry her and then cutting her toe nails was another thing. So unless I sedate her, she is banned. And they charged me a fortune because of the extra time it took. It wasn't like it was the first time she had been there. They had groomed her twice before and my son had been cutting her all summer because she loves the pool. So she is used to the clippers.

Ah the stories I can tell about this wild puppy. She came from a ranch outside Tulsa and when she arrived she was scared of everything. She must have been kept out in a barn with her 16 litter mates. She did not even know what a step was. She would not go off our deck because she had to go down a step to the yard.

No comments: